Thursday, October 13, 2011

Can't believe this happened.......

In all my days, I never would have imagined that one of my own family members would say that I am the product of the deveil because I am "ho mo sex u al" as he stressed it in his dumb ass backwoods twang.  I guess I should have expected it from one of my 2 sisters and 4 brothers when they found out I was gay.

But you know what, I have lived my life far too long caring what others thought, but not any longer.  I have been here in Southern California while my so called family have been in Texas living their miserable lives.  I have not talked to my brother, Todd, in quite awhile and because he has been brained washed by the church he goes to that is expected. I mean, he had to repeat the 6th grade 4 times and I even passed him by 1 grade when he was coerced into attending the the fake as hell school at his so-called church.

Well enough about that, what ever you want to call that thing of a brother, I am glad that ai came out at work and to several other people. I even came out tonight to one of my classmates from school.  He said he considered me one of the smartestbookworms in the class and had no idea that I was gay until he saw my video on youtube http://youtu.be/cakb2PySEKo, I do not know how he could have missed the signs on my facebook page.

People asked me, how come I decided to come out at work when everyone already knew I was gay. My response to him was that I was not aware that everyone knew.  I only told 2 people several years ago and they swore to never tell anyone on my behalf.  Even my own boss stated that he thought everyone knew.  I also took a big step and came out to the faculty and administrators at the community college that I teach at part-time and received a huge response of support.

I have been reading where some people are still struggling with coming out to thier loved ones and friends, but if they remain patient, the time will come when they will feel comfortable telling the people they care about the most.  Every gay individual must decide when it is right for them to come out of the closet.  I did not really start coming out of the closet until my mid to late twenties, where as kids today are coming out in the early to mid teens, and to them I say congratulations for having the courage to come out at a young age that I did not have.

It is a shame that in this day and age that people must hide who they truly are because of the biggotry, hatred and stupidity of other humnan beings on this planet known as Earth.  Every individual is created the same, a man and woman had sex and had a child together. That child knows no hate when he or she is born, it comes from the parents that are raising the child to believe in their beliefs instead of developing his or her own beliefs as they grow up into fine specimans of human beings on this planet that GOD created for everyone.

Well that is enough of me on my high horse, I hope that everyone is comfortable with coming out at thier own pace because not all of us are like Randy Phillips and come out to our dad on youtube, which by the way, I am very proud of him for doing something that I never had the courage to do.  Until I saw his videos, I was considering suicide because I was tore up on the inside that I never had the opportunity to tell my dad that I was gay because I was afraid that the new would kill him due to his bad heart.  I was able to finally tell my dad that I was gay in my thoughts and wishes that he would hear me from heraven...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for writing this Gary. It's clear that you are comfortable with who you are and that's all that matters. It's a complex and varied world and there are a lot of assholes in it - it's particularly sad when some of the assholes are in one's own family - but in the end all that matters is being comfortable in your own skin, and you clearly are. You do a lot to help and support people in our gay/coming out twitter cloud, and I'm sure to other people too, in other places. I hope some of them help and support you back, because you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiT8o0bCM7s

    someone following you on twitter -- you can find him on your list, and I would rather not type his name out so that he sees I have left this. He has been stalking me for three years. but he is taking up the noH8 cause -- please listen to the video at 0:48 and again at 1:15 and 1:23. Google him. Not sure why he has taken up this cause, Perhaps to garner a new audience, but this is no one you want in your corner -- trust me.

    ReplyDelete