Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I am surprised....

While on Facebook, my 34 yr old nephew, Michael, sent me a messege stating the following:

"I watched the video. I support what your doing!! Keep up the good work and helping kids in those situations. I could only imagine how hard it is for them. I think you have a good message to give for these kids that hurt so much! Proud of you uncle Gary!!!"

This one statement means so much to me and it has brightened up my week.  and he is the first male relative that has heard that I am gay, say "
Love you. Call me anytime you need to talk. Day or night, I'll be here!" I was almost in tears, just imagine a 43 yr old man crying because he is so happy.

The other thing that I am surprised about is that my blog has been seen in the following countries:


United States
84
Australia
11
Russia
9
Canada
6
Germany
1
France
1
Japan
1

To all of my @Twitter friends and all of the people that have read my blog, thank you very much.  If you have not seen my video as of yet, you can do so here: http://youtu.be/cakb2PySEKo

On a bright note, my video has helped a 13 yo teenage boy admit to his Uncle (my friend) and his parents that he is gay and that he WAS considering suicide, but not after watching my video that his uncle showed to him.  He wanted to talk to me, so I went to his Uncle's and talked with him for over 3 hrs and when he told his folks, he wanted me there with him for support.  His parents have accepted his lifestyle with opened arms no matter what.

Well that is it for this posting, I will be posting another in about 2 - 3 days possibly, keep watching.......

Gary

4 comments:

  1. Gary,
    You're doing the good and big thing!
    This boy is living now maybe only because of you. I'm so proud of you! Keep going, don't stop.

    P.S.: I think at least one point in the Russia line should be me =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary,
    You're support and encouragement to people that are having trouble is outstanding, keep up the good and I'm proud of you also.

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you have already made a difference. SO proud of you! Keep going forward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a kick out of Todd failing the 6th grade 4 times and you passed him up! Church Schools...forget it! Ed

    ReplyDelete